- Kumkum has numerous health benefits, as well. We know that the primary substance used to make organic Kumkum is turmeric. Turmeric is an ingredient in many Ayurvedic medicines and is beneficial in curing many skin allergies and irritations. When we apply Kumkum on our forehead, it assists in curing these ailments. You can also use Kumkum as a medicinal substance.
- When we apply Kumkum between our eyebrows on our forehead, it can improve our concentration and focus. When we use Kumkum regularly, it aids us in imbibing calmness and serenity.
- Our body has seven Chakras that act as sources of energy. When we apply Kumkum on our forehead, it helps in opening our Third Eye Chakra. Chaitanya present in Kumkum assists in attracting Shakti Principles. It will enhance our soul energy and further bring Pavitrakas into our lives. Whereas when we apply artificial Bindi, it leads to the attraction of the Raja-Tama principle. When they enter our body, it can lead to the proliferation of negative energy. It can cause the blockage of the Third Eye Chakra as well.
- When married women wear Kumkum with a toe ring, it symbolically depicts that she is married. Whenever you are applying Kumkum on your forehead, you have to use the ring finger. It is because it can attract the Absolute Water Principle, which can enhance the energy flow. If someone else is applying Kumkum on your forehead or you are applying it to others, always use the middle finger for the purpose.
- The fragrance and color of Kumkum also play a vital role. Its fragrance has the ability to increase the vitality of the energy that flows through our bodies. Kumkum’s color stands for the Absolute Fire Principle. When we apply Kumkum, it contains the ability to remove the negative energy and enhance the presence of positive vibrations.
- When we apply Kumkum on our forehead, it is a way of moving away from materialism. It is also a depiction of the significance of non-materialism. Through this, we are giving importance to the creation of detachment with earthly pleasures. It is an excellent way to move away from distress. We can also take steps forward in the direction of embracing the Ultimate Consciousness or the Brahman.
Vedic Significance of Kumkum
Pure Kumkum From Madurai Temple
Most Temples have Pranic vibrations present in their premises. Objects in temples can absorb these frequencies. We can find Kumkum in most temples. It would enhance the energy flow within us.
Kumkum, thus, plays a significant role in Hinduism. It has been part of our culture and tradition for decades. It can help us revitalize the energy flow within our bodies and also gain religious upliftment. Kumkum can also have a plethora of health benefits.